Wednesday, October 1, 2008

For The Toddlers

So, I thought I'd post the song that is in my head and has been in my head for two weeks. Anna has her first crush: on a little red furry monster named Elmo. Yes, Elmo. You know that little guy who is always referring to himself in the first person. "What is Elmo thinking about?" or "Elmo has a new pet." O.K., so I know that he is overly popular with the three and under crowd but, why does my daughter have to join in? There was a time, not too long ago, when Mickey Mouse was a favorite. In fact, I considered that could have possibly been her first crush, a mothers dream! Yet, it can't even stand next to the infatuation that her little heart holds for this Muppet. So, I have to admit to encouraging this crush. I bought her four $1 Sesame books I found at Target. She spends much of her time talking to the characters in the books. Yesterday, as she was eating her snack, I saw her feed the pictures of Elmo, Zoe, Abby Cadabby, and Oscar goldfish. She would say "num Elmo, num Abby." or "Try it Osar." The other issue is the inconvenient time that Sesame Street comes on. 1:00, right at nap time. So, instead we get DVDs from the library, which are usually all checked out, so we get ancient videos. Also, we discovered you can find Sesame shorts on You Tube, hence the song that has been stuck in my head so, here you go everyone sing along. Pay no attention to Beyonce or the rest of Destiny's Child, they only provide the backups.

No comments: