Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A wish and a request

First off, scroll down and read the goings on of our family this last little bit.

Today is Aaron's birthday. In the midst of the gratitude season, I am indeed grateful for him. Like today when he loaded Anna in the car for me when I took Harris to school or how Saturday he did all the dishes and cleaned the kitchen while I went to get a hair cut. Also, he will always get the good ice from Smith's for me. I know, as most of us who have been in my present state, that this last bit is just as hard on the Daddy to be as the Mom to be. I am not always the best sport. Yet, Aaron has been, sweet, kind, observant, and helpful. I am so lucky to have grown with him in love.

Now a request: We are now narrowed down to three names for this baby boy, I think. If you would be so kind as to give us your vote it would be helpful. It seems to change day to day what one is my favorite but, with d-day approaching we need to give this boy some identity. So here are your three choices:

John Preston Nydegger (we'd call him Jack)
Henry John Nydegger
William John Nydegger (we'd call him Will)
Other suggestions will be considered.

5 comments:

Maria said...

Happy Birthday, Aaron!

You've chosen three great names--I'm surprised, because I actually really like all three (I usually can say-"Oh, I like ___ best" without hesitation.) I guess if I HAD to pick, I would say John Preston Nydegger is my favorite! I love the nick name Jack! :)

Debbie D said...

I like John Preston. It just feels so good. I'm so glad your "back" too!

Jennymommy5 said...

I also like John Preston :) Whatever name you will pick will feel right to you. I'm so glad you updated your blog. I've been wondering how you are. When are you due?

Krystal and Dan said...

Dan: My vote is for John Preston. I think it sounds down to earth yet dignified. I vote against Henry John, because it sounds like an American Tall Tale Legend. Krystal's vote is for William John. Austin's vote is for Slobbery scream.

Jenn said...

I also like John Preston, mostly because I LOVE the name Jack! I'm so excited to meet my newest nephew!!! He'll be here before we know it!