Mother's day can be good or bad it depends on how you look at it.
1. It is good to sleep in a little bit.
2. It is bad (or sad) to realize that your baby's diaper had overflowed from all the watered down root beer she had drank the night before.
3. It can be good if you snuggle with your kids and husband in bed all morning. Thank goodness for 1:00 church.
4. It can be bad if you make mental lists of how to improve as a mother as you listen to the sacrament meeting talks.
5. It can be good when your husband has been listening to all the hinting about you needing a good dictionary and thesaurus (especially the Oxford American English type.) and he actually remembers to get it for you.
6. It is bad when you worry what all the clanging in the kitchen is when you have been sent to bed by your eight year old and told not to get out.
7. It is good when you realize that all the banging is yummy French Toast that your husband and son made for you.
8. It is bad when your one year old daughter decides she needs to share the french toast too and spills syrup on the comforter, creating more laundry to do.
9. It is good when the nursery workers tell you just to leave your crazy seventeen month old child in there, it doesn't matter if it is a month early.
10. It is bad when you sit in Relief Society missing her and sad that she is that grown up.
11. It is good to go see our wonderful moms and be grateful that they put up with temper tantrums, attitudes, poopy diapers, and crazy ideas.
12. It is bad to have to squeeze two visits in such a little amount of time after getting out of church at 4:00.
13. It is good to realize how lucky I am to have my children.
14. It is good to snuggle your daughter as you carry her sleeping from the car.
Another quick thought:
If you give a Mom a muffin,She'll want a cup of tea to go with it.She'll pour herself some.The tea will get spilled by her three year old.She'll wipe it up.Wiping the floor, she will find some dirty socks.
She'll remember she has to do some laundry.When she puts the laundry in the washer,She'll trip over some snow boots and bump into the freezer.Bumping into the freezer will remind her she has to plan dinner for tonight.She will get out a pound of hamburger.She will look for her cookbook (101 Things to Make With a Pound of Hamburger).
The cookbook is sitting under a pile of mail.She will see the phone bill which is due tomorrow.She will look for her checkbook.The checkbook is in her purse that is being dumped out by her two year old.She'll smell something funny.She'll change the two year old.
While she is changing the two year old the phone will ring.Her four year old will answer it and hang up.She remembers that she wants to phone a friend to come for tea on Friday.Thinking of tea will remind her that she was going to have a cup.She will pour herself some.And chances are......If she has a cup of tea......Her kids will have eaten the muffin that went with itAuthor: Kathy Fictorie
Happy Mothers Day to all you wonderful moms I know.