There is something about going on family vacation that makes you appreciate life more. I had forgotten this. Yes, I remember the long drives as a kid and the arguments over who sat where in our big blue van and who was trespassing on who's seat room. Yet, I will never forget how close I felt to my family afterward. We would do all kinds of things to commemorate the vacation. I think we didn't want it to end. As I remember these fond memories, I am so glad to experience it with my family as the mom. This past week my children have seemed so precious to me. First of all, I think all husbands should get a week off every couple months. Not to sound spoiled but, what isn't better to being able to have your best friend with you 24/7? Some of you might say this is overkill, I might have said that before this past week, but there is nothing like waking up next to Aaron, spending the whole day together and then going to bed at the same time. I also miss Harris terribly when he is at school. The house is way to quiet. I miss all his jabbering about Pokemon or Chaotic or whatever the new craze is. I miss his keen observations and his jokes involving plays on words. Anyway, all these thoughts have brought me to one conclusion: there are oodles of things I never want to forget. I think that is what blogs help us do: capture and store fleeting thoughts and memories. So, if you will indulge me for a moment, I have complied a list of things I really hope never to forget.
1. My name (it could happen...Harris already accuses me of not responding when he calls me
2. Harris calling his friends 'dude' and saying 'sweet'
3. Harris saying peppy-oni
4. Harris calling a candy necklace a "Paul Simon" when he was two
5. Anna's two-step dancing
6. Anna singing Baby Bumble Bee and emphasizing 'ouch'
7. Harris getting baptized
8. Harris's mis-matched button job on his scout shirt
9. Anna saying "night, night" and blowing me a kiss
10. Anna calling Ellie next door 'baby' and demanding we need to go see 'baby' every time we are outside
11. Anna seeing baby cousin Avery for the first time
12. Anna stealing Harris's corn bread
13. The things I find in Harris's pockets
14. Family Dance Parties
15. Harris on California Screamin'
16. Harris holding Anna for the first time
17. Anna exclaiming "bro-bro, bro-bro!" all the way to get Harris from school
18. Harris's tea party for Anna
19. Hiking after a rainstorm
20. fishing in Idaho, Falls Creek Falls
21. Idaho (it really can be memorable.)
...to be continued